Name Change required for Drivers Licenses and other Benefits

Who Are You.jpgNewly married or divorced individuals can simply have their name changed through their marriage certificate or their divorce decree. However, if someone wants to change to a new name for other reasons, such as they simply don’t like their birth name, a court order is required.

The process to have an adult name change in Jacksonville involves; filing a Petition with the court, having a criminal background check done, having fingerprints taken, and appearing before a judge at a final hearing.

Should you be a divorcee and did not have your maiden name restored in the divorce decree you still need to file a Name Change Petition with the court but you will not need to do a criminal background check.

Should you want to change your name contact a Jacksonville Name Change Lawyer today for assistance with the process.

Contact Information