Contempt of Court in a Divorce

jail.jpgIn Florida, if a parent does not pay their court ordered child support they could likely find themselves behind bars. However, to put a non-paying parent in jail the court must:

(1) Find that the parent is willfully failing to pay the ordered child support amounts, (2) make the affirmative finding that the non-paying parent possesses the ability to comply with the purge amount and (3) put the above two requirements in a written order.

Contact a Jacksonville Beach Divorce Lawyer today if you are worried you may be found in contempt of court for non-payment of child support.

Contact Information