Child Custody in Florida: In Which State Do I File?

As an experienced child custody attorney in Florida, many people come to me because their spouse has filed for child custody in another State. A Jacksonville child custody lawyer will tell you that the proper place in which to file for child custody in Florida is the child’s home state. A child’s home state is the state wherein the child has lived for six (6) consecutive months before the child custody proceeding is started. If you have received child custody paperwork from a child custody lawyer from another state, call me at 904-685-1200 for expert help in Florida child custody matters.

Contact Information