I Want To Change My Name and Live in Florida. What Do I Do?

name.jpgNewly married or divorced individuals can simply have their name changed through their marriage certificate or their divorce decree. However, if someone wants to change to a new name for other reasons, such as they simply don’t like their birth name, a court order is required.

The process to have an adult name change in Jacksonville involves; filing a Petition with the court, having a criminal background check done, having fingerprints taken, and appearing before a judge at a final hearing.

Should you be a divorcee and did not have your maiden name restored in the divorce decree you still need to file a Name Change Petition with the court but you will not need to do a criminal background check.

Should you want to change your name contact a Jacksonville Name Change Lawyer today for assistance with the process.

Contact Information