Who Gets to Claim the Children for Tax Reasons?

It is tax season yet again and those who have experienced a divorce in Florida may wonder which party can claim the child(ren) on the tax exemption after a divorce. A Jacksonville Divorce Lawyer can create an agreement whereby the parents agree to rotate the tax dependency exemption after a divorce wherein one parent claims the child(ren) in odd numbered years and the other parent claims the child(ren) in even numbered years. Without an agreement, however, the majority timesharing parent will get the exemption.

Please contact a Jacksonville Divorce Lawyer today to create an agreement to best maximize your dependency tax exemption after divorce.

Contact Information