Where’s My Retirement Share?

egg_in_nest.jpgMany times after a divorce in Jacksonville, Florida is over, my Jacksonville divorce attorney practice has to divvy up retirement fund proceeds between the parties. As Jacksonville divorce lawyers, we have to be qualified to accomplish this division. This is done through a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO). The QDRO requires the Florida family lawyer to contact the companies’ plan administrator, and the plan administrator will then send retirement related forms for the Florida divorce lawyer to draft a QDRO and have it signed by a Judge and certified by the court. Then the Jacksonville divorce attorney will send the executed certified copy back to the plan administrator who will then create an account for the party who is to receive the funds.

Contact Information