Guardian of Minor Child

1086695 child guardianshp.jpgIf you are caring for a minor child and are not the natural or legal parent or a relative, then it is in the child’s best interest for you to become his or her legal guardian. There are many obstacles you will face if you care for a child without the legal recognition of Florida Guardianship. Whether it is providing for medical care, obtaining medical or school records, or consenting to special education classes and fieldtrips, there will be times when you are unable to proceed without the court ordered authority granting you Florida Guardianship.

Whatever the circumstances which put you in a position of caring for another person’s child, it is important to discuss your situation with a Green Cove Spring Guardianship Attorney who can walk you through the guardianship procedure. There are many factors, such as how long you have cared for the child, what your familial relationship is to the natural parents, and whether you have parental consents. A law firm that practices in Florida Guardianship is familiar with the Florida Statutes that govern guardianship, and will best be able to assist you.

Contact Information